ADSM-L

ADSM & Autosys

1998-03-03 15:31:24
Subject: ADSM & Autosys
From: "Sinclair, Tony" <TJSinclair AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:31:24 -0800
Hello,

This message is directed to those of you that have your ADSM commands
and backups being scheduled through Autosys.

I am currently running ADSM v 1.12 on a AIX 4.1 server with Autosys v
3.4.
It has been discussed that we should use Autosys to handle our ADSM
Command Schedule and Backup functions.  I would like from those of you
that use Autosys to input on how this is accomplished.  I have one major
concern  with this, and that is the condition code checking issue..
Once a command is passed from Autosys to ADSM and the command is
processed and completed a "0" condition code is passed back to Autosys,
but yet the backup process is still executing and probable won't finish
for some time.  It does not seem to me I can schedule jobs on succession
of a proceeding job based on just condition code checking.
I will be asking Platinum the same question, but have more confidence in
the user community.  So any information you can provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks   Tony..

Tony Sinclair
ADSM Admin.