ADSM-L

offsite copypool and DRM

2015-10-04 18:00:04
Subject: offsite copypool and DRM
From: Ben Kokenge [SMTP:ben AT hermes.EDMS DOT NET]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I am setting up DRM and here is what I want to do:

1)  Once a week (Sunday) do a full backup of my primary stgpools
      to an offsite disaster-recovery copypool.  DRM kicks out tapes
      for offsite.

2)  Monday-Saturday do incr backup to the disaster-recovery
     copypool.  DRM kicks out tapes for offsite.

Now here is my question, how can I get DRM to checkin the old
disaster-recovery tapes and let me make a new FULL backup
of my primary stgpools on Sundays again?

I know I may get blasted here for doing full backups, but if I keep
doing incr backups, then I will soon have 100's of 3590's offsite
that are only partly full.

What would be nice is some sort of differential backup that would
combine all the days of incremental backups to one big incr backup.

Any help out there?

--
Benjamin Kokenge
Benjamin Kokenge