ADSM-L

Re: V3 Client - option set errors

1998-03-02 11:54:24
Subject: Re: V3 Client - option set errors
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 11:54:24 -0500
In <199803021455.JAA04597 AT fern.us.pw DOT com>, on 03/02/98
   at 09:54 AM, "John W. Stephens"
<John_W_Stephens AT NOTES.PW DOT COM> said:

>Has anyone experienced the ADSM client version 3 Gui
>generating a Fault when the client node has been assigned
>an Option Set with the Include statement.

>Example:

>My node has an option set assigned called option1.   The
>option1 set has the following include statement,
>c:\mydoc\*.*

>When ever the client runs the version 3 gui and the backup
>process gets to this include statement it errors out with a
>Page fault error.  If the same include line is used in the
>DSM.opt file and no option set is assigned  everything
>works fine.   I am using the newest Version 3  client
>available.

>Thanks for any help
>John Stephens
>813-222-6221

I just started testing client option sets today and
experienced the same problem immediately with the OS/2
client.  The gui abends but the cmdline client works.  I
also noticed that once you update a node to use a clioptset
you can't set it back not to use a clioptset. I created an
empty clioptset and updated the node to use it. This
restored the gui client function.

I have called this in to IBM.

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell