ADSM-L

ANR0534W error

1998-02-23 21:40:28
Subject: ANR0534W error
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:40:28 +1100
We received the following error on one of our (Digital Unix) servers
last night:

02/23/98   17:48:32 2951 for node ANR0534W Transaction failed for
session
                 AUDOZX617 (OSF/1) - size estimate exceeded and server
is
                 unable to obtain additional space in storage pool

                 BACKDISK.

I think I remember reading about this error here within the past few
weeks, but I haven't had any luck finding it in the archives. From what
I remember, this is a problem in some (all?) V3 clients. Can someone
fill me in on the details? Cause? Fix? I understand that the workaround
is to disable caching on the storage pool, but I am not keen on doing
that.

Thanks,

Trevor