ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Howdy, this is a repost since I have tried some suggestions with no
luck....I have found that the dsmc sched process under Solaris 2.5.1 and
either V2 client or V3 client will die if a control-c is entered in a
session where it was started. I have a script to start dsmc sched at
boot
time, it runs dsmc sched >/dev/null 2>&1 &. If I make a dsm.sys change
and
want to restart the process, I just rerun the script from a login
session.
But, if I enter a ctrl-c in that login session at some later time, or
logout that session, dsmc sched dies. The log shows that it puts out
"Process interrupted...". I have tried using nohup, and ksh instead of
sh.
I also tried putting nohup in front of the command run from dsm.wrapper.
Nothing seems to work. This is very frustrating because I need to open
login sessions to these clients just to start dsmc sched and leave them
open forever! Help!

Al Cheski