ADSM-L

[no subject]

1998-02-21 07:36:09
From: Campbell Esplin <Campbell AT KINGSLEY.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 14:36:09 +0200
Rob,
I cannot help with the program...just a question..

What would be the value of importing the LOG.DSM file...you probably want
to look at the DSMERROR.LOG instead?
LOG.DSM is the ADSM server log that keeps on changing dynamically as
entries in the DB are committed....or once a full/incremental  DB backup is
taken (LOGMODE=ROLLFORWARD)

ADSM V3 gives central logging capabilities in the ADSM Activity Log (part
of the ADSM DB - a not-so-stripped-down SQL DB these days) which offers
certain SELECT processing functions.....that may or may not give you what
you look for. I do not believe that DSIERROR.LOG info is centralized yet.

Regards

Campbell Esplin
Excalibur Business Solutions