ADSM-L

Re: Using different policies to nightly and weekly backups.

1998-02-20 07:14:48
Subject: Re: Using different policies to nightly and weekly backups.
From: Shira Hayun <shira AT UDI.CO DOT IL>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:14:48 +0200
Kelly J. Lipp wrote:

> Jerry says it much more eloquently than I.  We need to do a better job
> understanding what our business requirements are and less time worrying about
> how old, clunky backup products work.
>
> Kelly

Hi,
I had the same problem. The solution for this situation is -
For each client you have to set two different node names: for
example-for CLIENT, register it twice - once as CLIENT and the other as
CLIENTw - each of them assigned to another policy domain.
In ordaer to automaticly start the weekly client you have to issue, with
the 'dsmc sched' command the parameter -node=XXX -password=XXX (V2);
-machine=XXX -password=XXX (V3).
Good Luck.
Good Luck.