ADSM-L

Re: ADSM with SAP - restoring

1998-02-19 01:13:10
Subject: Re: ADSM with SAP - restoring
From: "Nicholas, Murray, Haltek/AU" <MurrayNi AT HALTEK.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:13:10 +1100
Shirley,

I don't have my SAP/ADSM machine any more but there is a parameter, in
ADSM or the init<SID>.utl file, which describes the structure of the
archived redo log file names.  Somewhere in SAP your installation has
decided (could it be a new 3.1G default?) that the structure of redo
log file names should include the SID instead of just defaulting to
ARC....

I know this is a bit vague but hopefully it may point you to the right
place.  I will have a bit more of a look around when I get at my
system again tomorrow.

Murray Nicholas
IT Systems Consultant
Galeforce Information Services Pty Ltd
email:  murray AT galeforce.bu.aust DOT com