ADSM-L

Re: Win95/NT

1998-02-17 17:56:56
Subject: Re: Win95/NT
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:56:56 -0800
I often do restores of NT clients from a win95 client.
It seems to work best, starting the GUI with the -nodename= option.
(On ver.3, using the fromnode option, inactive directories
aren't displayed)
We maintain one shared directory that everyone can use, this is
our transfer disk. When we restore files for a user, we just restore
the file to the transfer disk, where the user can view it to make
sure that it is what he wants, before copying it over to his
hard drive or network directory. All you need to do is to istall a
client on the help desk machine, and make sure they know the passwords
for all the clients.