ADSM-L

Re: Nt client failed

1998-02-16 12:02:34
Subject: Re: Nt client failed
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:02:34 EST
In article
<NOR921-980216093012-1778*/G=HERVE/S=PERRICHOT/O=PARIS/OU=TRD/PRMD=TOTAL/ADMD=A
LAS/C=FR@MHS>, HERVE.PERRICHOT AT TOTAL DOT COM says:

>Hello,
>
>I've got a problem with NT Clients.
>The backup begins normaly in incremental with the scheduler ADSM.
>Then all the files are backed up.
>Before executing the POSTschedule file, I've the following error in the "Event
>Viewer" :

The following error should be taken care of by shutting down and booting the
windows nt system. After installing the scheduler service, The info to format
the event log messages gets staged, but not put into production until the
re-boot. But all the variable parts of the message should be there. Just
hard to read, without the fix part. That is unless you have a new message
or an error that sends the adsm code off the court.

>The description for Event ID ( 1900 ) in Source ( n ) could not be found. It
>contains the following insertion string(s): .

Does it stop, or it it just waiting for the server to contact it for the
next scheduled backup. Look in the file dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log
and dsmsvci.log( may not exist and I may have a typo in name) for
more detailed info. The files should be in the baclient directory
with the other client code and option files.

Dsmsched.log should have all good and bad messages about the sched backup
dsmerror.log should have all the error messages
dsmsvci.log should have scheduler service error messages vs inc backup
            messages that are in the dsmsched.log

>And the Backup stops.
>
>As anyone an idea ??
>
>Hervi.

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513