ADSM-L

NT 4.0 client support

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Subject: NT 4.0 client support
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/14/98 8:12AM
If your intent is to run parallel backups to speed things up, then you need
to have the code installed twice on the client.  You can then point the
include/exclude lists accordingly.  Install the scheduler service twice - be
sure that you edit the name of the service when you install it the second
time.

If your intent is just to have a test system, and all you need to do is
provide an ability to test the server, you can use the same install of the
client for both, but you will need two versions of the options file.  I have
the "regular" one run as DSM.OPT, and everything installed uses this for the
"production" system.  I then built batch files to point the ADSM variables to
the second options file.  A sample follows:

SET DSM_CONFIG=d:\win32app\ibm\adsm\baclient\DSMU.OPT
SET DSMG_CONFIG=d:\win32app\ibm\adsm\baclient\DSMU.OPT
DSM.EXE
SET DSM_CONFIG=d:\win32app\ibm\adsm\baclient\DSM.OPT
SET DSMG_CONFIG=d:\win32app\ibm\adsm\baclient\DSM.OPT

as for the exclude statements, you should probably use the exclude.dir
functions to bypass the directories you don't want to back up.

Hope this helps...

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    2/14/98 8:12 AM

Can someone send me an example of how to utilize 2 ADSM server names on a
single client .
Example...
Send directory /TEST1 to server ADSM1
Send directory /TEST2 to server ADSM2

Nodename NODE1 is defined on both servers.