ADSM-L

Changed owner after ADSM restore

1998-02-13 17:13:12
Subject: Changed owner after ADSM restore
From: "Roberts, Scott" <SRoberts AT ISI-MAIL.ISINET DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:13:12 -0500
I recently had to restore several filesystems using ADSM. I had a few
surprises once the restore completed. I performed the backup and restore
as root.
1. The owner of directories, both userid and groupid, became root:sys
instead of which they should be. This seemed to happen only at the first
level of the directory i.e.
/home/bob had it's ownership changed to root:sys from bob:staff. However
/home/bob/stuff retained its correct ownership.

2. The second problem was that no empty directories were restored.

Has anyone seen this before??  Is this normal ??

Environment
AIX 4.1.5
ADSMSERVER 2.1.0.15
ADSM Client 2.1.0.7