ADSM-L

sybase database & expiry

1998-02-13 12:54:52
Subject: sybase database & expiry
From: Naomi van Roosmalen <nvanroosmal AT NBTEL.NB DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:54:52 -0400
Hello,
I have a question regarding sybase backups via SQL backtrack and
ADSM. I had a Sybase database backing up using a management class
in which the retention was 60 days. I then created a new domain
with a new management class for which the retention period is
7 days for extra versions and 60 days for only versions.

It's been more than 60 days since I moved this database to the
new domain. It doesn't look like any of the database information
has been deleted. Are databases treated differently than regular
OS backups when it comes to expiration? Can anyone explain why
all of this data is still there? I really need a lot of this
data to expire because we cannot store an indefinite amount
of one database.

Thanks,
Naomi van Roosmalen