ADSM-L

Re: ADSM alternatives

1998-02-12 16:34:45
Subject: Re: ADSM alternatives
From: "Smith, Richard" <smithrr AT MARITZ DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:34:45 -0600
Kelly,

        With Legato we are using an NT server and DLT tape drives, so
each tape has a capacity of 30 GB.  I know your next question is why
don't we do that with ADSM, and the answer is simple:  They brought ADSM
in before me.  We are considering the possibility of moving ADSM to an
NT server, and getting a DLT tape silo(autochanger).  Actually, I would
appreciate any thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of moving
from an MVS(soon to be OS/390) to an NT server.

Thanks,
Rick Smith
Maritz, Inc.
Storage & Security Administration