ADSM-L

File Space Type

1998-02-12 15:22:01
Subject: File Space Type
From: "Robert A. Burdick" <rburdick AT METLIFE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:22:01 -0500
Hi Folks,
I back up 4 networks here. What I ran up against when I built the system
here was dealing with NETBIOS. All the networks that I'm responsible for
use NetBios exclusively. The ADSM server sits on an IP Segment and our
routers filter out netbios traffic. what I did to get around that (and YES,
I tried running tcpbeui and netbios over IP) was to install IP on each of
the BDC machines in each network. I then Net Use to the individual shares
then run an incremental on the ip machine which has all these logical
drives. The data gets backed up without a problem. My question is, I see
the Filespace type as "LAN" not fat, HPFS, or NTFS. Will that pose any kind
of potential problem when the time comes to do a restore on these machines?

Regards,
Robert