ADSM-L

Re: backing up oracle data bases live

1998-02-12 08:55:26
Subject: Re: backing up oracle data bases live
From: Randall Eggert <RANDYE AT MAPCOINC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:55:26 -0500
Our DB personnel are using this method of performing hot backups on Oracle
without having to shut down the instance.  All I had to do was what Ian
recommend, to update the COPYGROUP in the management class for the Oracle
files to "SERialization=DYnamic".

Randy

i.northeast AT POCLK.DEMON.CO DOT UK on 02/11/98 11:49:35 AM