ADSM-L

Re: AW: NT Resource kit

1998-02-12 09:04:33
Subject: Re: AW: NT Resource kit
From: Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf AT DESSUS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:04:33 -0500
In <31A0D4AF3516D0118C810001FA442FC9C57E82@ARES>, on 02/12/98 at 02:36
PM,
   Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE> said:

>It's sold separately (or in bundles with the OS), it comes in either
>a server- or a workstation-edition. Both versions are very similar
>and - as far as our experience goes - interchangeable.

I believe that you can also download it from Microsoft's web and/or
ftp servers (or at least you used to be able to).  Unless, of course,
you *really* want the Microsoft Books (which are just *chock* full of
errors and "Marketing Folks Gee Whiz this is the way it Ought to Work"
with not an awful lot of actually useful information (except for a few
registry settings)).

>> ----------

Keith Medcalf       (416) 410-5791       http://www.dessus.com/ IBM
OS/2, LAN Server, DB2, TCP/IP, DOS, Windows 95,  Windows NT
 Finger or email kmedcalf-pgp AT dessus DOT com for my PGP Public Key

"In Germany they first came for the Communists and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a Communist.  Then they came for the Jews, and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.  Then they came for the trade
unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was
a Protestant.  Then they came for me--and by that time no one was left
to speak up."  Martin Niemoeller

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a litle temporary
safety deserver neither liberty nor safety."  Benjamin Franklin

Tortured and Imprisoned in Canada:  http://www.dessus.com/politic/