ADSM-L

Re: Filesystems

1998-02-11 21:14:22
Subject: Re: Filesystems
From: Gary Bromley <Gary.Bromley AT ASPECT.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:14:22 +1100
Hi Ferron,

I used to setup database and log files using Filesystems, but when a
none ADSM system administrator deleted both copies of my database files
(since they were greater than 1 GB), and have since switched to raw
logical volumes as these can't be deleted while open.
The only draw back is that depending on your PP size of the volume group
you will get a little bit of waste in the logical volume because of the
extra 1MB that ADSM adds to database and log files, so have a small
number of large volumes.

I also use ADSM mirroring instead of AIX, but if you have the files in
rootvg and it is mirrored, then they should be also.

Hope this helps

Regards
Gary

Gary Bromley
Gary Bromley
Aspect Computing Pty Ltd
Tel : +61 (0)3 9230 2222
Fax : +61 (0)3 9818 1320
Email : Gary.Bromley AT aspect.com DOT au