ADSM-L

Re: ADSM alternatives

1998-02-11 12:09:26
Subject: Re: ADSM alternatives
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:09:26 -0600
We looked at Harbor and FDR upstream, initially (5 years ago?) (and also a
slick looking product called EDM or EDSM or ESM from Legent) and I thought
Harbor, at the time, looked slicker than ADSM.  But that initial cost,
compared to ADSM-MVS's monthly pricing scheme, is what pushed us to ADSM.
ADSM's not perfect, but it's too sufficient for us to have any big desire
to re-do another roll out.  We've recently implemented ArcServe for
disaster recovery.  We are doing both ADSM and ArcServe.  ADSM during the
week, ArcServe on the weekends.  There is some concern that in the event of
total disaster, any mainframe and network based recovery would be too slow,
thus, the ArcServe addition.
Julie

DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM on 02/11/98 08:43:43 AM