ADSM-L

OMVS

1998-02-11 06:19:56
Subject: OMVS
From: Koen Leeten <Koen_Leeten AT CEM DOT BE>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 12:19:56 +0100
Hello everyone,
we are going to run Lotus Notes (Domino) on MVS Open Edition. The Notes
administrators want to be abel to restore theyr own databases. Since you
need write acces to restore a dataset and we don't want to make them
superuser the only solution is to put them in the same group as the
Dominoserver and see to it that they have the right groupacces. The problem
is that all the accesrights are set by the Dominoserver without asking what
the administrator wants (the highest groupacces the server gives is 4 and
you 6 to be abel to restore). The solution is writing a script that changes
the groupacces for the notesdatabases in the different directorys to 6 and
run this script from a superuseraccount, but this is also a problem (I am
quit new to UNIX, i know i probably wil have to pipe the output from ls to
grep but that is as far as my UNIX knowledge goes). Can one of the
Unixgurus sent me a script (that does something like this) as an example
because the Notespeople wan't this yesterday (they are testing with it and
the productiondate is close). Please mail me direct.
Greetings, Koen.