ADSM-L

Re: SKIPLANSERVERACP

1998-02-10 16:25:14
Subject: Re: SKIPLANSERVERACP
From: Chris Kamer <ck1 AT IWAYNET DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:25:14 -0500
I'm unaware of the SKIPLANSERVER option, howerver SKIPLANSERVERACP means ,
skip the Access Control Profiles(ACP).
OS/2 stores the access rights (ACP's / ACL's) on the file system (for
386HPFS) with each file. The OS/2 API used to access
the ACP's inccurs a large amount of overhead (upto 40%, per tunning guide).
 I would suggest using Backacc and Restacc to
manage the ACP's .  The account I'm working currently has some old IBM
9595's (15+ 486 DX/2 66, about to come off lease!!), we had about 20-30%
increase in performace after applying [SK yes] option.  I schedule a
Backacc to run each evening before the ADSM backup occurs.

BACKACC E:\ /F:E:\SRVLOG\EDRIVE.ACC /A /S /V - This command will backup all
ACPs on the E: drive and store them in
the file E:\srvlog\edrive.acc.  I would suggest running this on all drives
.

Chris Kamer
Network Consultant
FCSG