ADSM-L

Migration on two tape a the same time.

2015-10-04 18:01:07
Subject: Migration on two tape a the same time.
From: Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini) [SMTP:BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello,
Actually I have primary tape and copy tape storage. I have
administrative jobs that backup primary on copy storage pool. I want to
migrate at the same time from the disk stgpool, to primary and copy
storage pool.

It 's possible ?
Thanks

[Matthew Warren]

Hello,

        Yes it is possible. We do it here every day at BT.

        The backup stgpool process takes a snapshot of what the primary tape
pool looks like, and then backs that up to the copy tape pool.

        If you then start migrating from a disk pool to the primary tape pool
it will work ok, but none of the migrated data will be included in the primary
-> copy tape pool backup.

Matthew Warren.
BT Open systems storage managment.
mwarren AT osmf.bt.co DOT uk.