ADSM-L

Dos Client for ADSM

1998-02-09 14:24:27
Subject: Dos Client for ADSM
From: Mark Evans <MEvans AT CO.SLC.UT DOT US>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 12:24:27 -0700
Thanks for all of the help on this....

I wanted to further explain what I had in mind to see what you all
thought.

I need to get a good backup/restore procedure for NT 4.0 servers. We
have taken a test machine and ran a full backup to ADSM. We then fdisked
the machine/reinstalled NT server/restored from ADSM. This seemed to
work. I was a little concerned with a few files that could not be backed
up due to access denied messages.

I would like to eliminate the re-install of NT server. I want to build a
boot disk that can get me up and connected to ADSM. I then want to
restore the entire disk image of the drive. First am I crazy. Second,
have any of you seen a product called stack replica that apparently
boots up in dos and connects to the ADSM system. I am assuming it uses
the required IP stacks others have said are necessary. The FE from IBM
mentioned it but he wasn't sure where to get the software from.

I am busy looking for a copy of DOS 6.0 and the LANManager 2.1 and
2.2(we have it around here somewhere) but until I find it I would like
to see what others have tried on the NT backup situation.

Mark L. Evans - MCSE
mevans AT co.slc.ut DOT us
Network Administrator
Salt Lake County Information Services