ADSM-L

Schedules/Objects/Options

1998-02-09 11:32:43
Subject: Schedules/Objects/Options
From: "Moir,Betsy" <Betsy.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:32:43 -0600
We are putting together  schedules and an options file that will do a daily
incremental and a monthly archive.  (No, I CAN'T convince them they don't
need monthly "full" backups.)  The options file looks like this:

COMMmethod                TCPIP
TCPServeraddress       VM
TCPPORT                         1503
NODENAME                   servName

DIRMC CEDCAD

Include *:\...\*.*  CEDCADM
Include *:\...\*.* CEDCAD

Exclude "*:\...\EA DATA.SF"
Exclude *:\...\*.swp
Exclude *:\...\*.obj
Exclude *:\...\*.csm
Exclude *:\...\*.bak
Exclude *:\...\win386.swp
Exclude *:\...\386spart.par
Exclude *:\...\pagefile.sys
Exclude *:\...\*.par
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\*.*
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*
Exclude *:\IBMBIO.COM
Exclude *:\IBMDOS.COM
Exclude *:\temp\*.tmp

* Client Options
TAPEPROMPT NO
COMPRESSION ON
MAXCMDRETRIES 2
SCHEDLOGRETENTION 5
ERRORLOGRETENTION 5
RETRYPERIOD 5
DOMAIN C: D:

The archive schedule the client is using has the Objects parameter set as
Objects=C:\* D:\*
CEDCADM above is the management class for the monthly archive and CEDCAD is
the management class for the daily incremental backups.

The problem is. . . . . ONLY the files in the root directories of C: and D:
are being archived up and in spite of the Exclude *:\...\pagefile.sys, an
error message is being created when ADSM attempts to archive it.  Also,
(don't know if it's important or not but) there is no backup copygroup in the
CEDCADM managements class.

I know I'm just missing something small here, but I can't see it.  Any help
would be appreciated as always.  Thanks.

Why is ADSM attempting to archive pagefile.sys and why aren't ALL the files
being archived instead of just those in the root directory.  Also