ADSM-L

Re: FW: Anyone using the CLIOS connection between MVS and RS6000

1998-02-09 03:15:04
Subject: Re: FW: Anyone using the CLIOS connection between MVS and RS6000
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:15:04 +0200
Hi Julie,

CLIOS is a protocol like TCPIP that you can use to communicate between
MVS and AIX. It stands for CLient Input Output Sockets (I think!).
In a nutshell it is a faster protocol than TCP/IP...
You have to specifically set up ADSM on MVS and your AIX machine to
take advantage of CLIOS - in other words it does not get set up by default.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Group