ADSM-L

Running ADSM server under different username on V3 (AIX)

1998-02-08 21:49:25
Subject: Running ADSM server under different username on V3 (AIX)
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:49:25 +1100
Hi,

There was some discussion a few days back about how to set up the ADSM
server to run under a username other than root. We have had this running
for a few months now without any problems.

However, over the weekend, we upgraded the first of our server to V3. We
have been unable to get the server running correctly with any username
other the root. If we start it from another username, and then issue a Q
LICENSE command, none of our licenses are loaded, even though we had
reloaded them as required using REGISTER LICENSE commands. We issued the
REGISTER license commands when the server was running under root. If we
start the under root, all of the licenses are there.

Any suggestions on what we are missing?

Trevor