ADSM-L

Re: V3 DEFINE CLIENTOPT EXCLUDE or INCLUDE = ANR2056E - Invalid Option name

1998-02-06 17:31:48
Subject: Re: V3 DEFINE CLIENTOPT EXCLUDE or INCLUDE = ANR2056E - Invalid Option name
From: "L. Scott Emmons" <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:31:48 -0800
On Friday, February 06, 1998 2:21 PM, Laura Buckley  wrote:
> When attempting to add either the EXCLUDE or INCLUDE option to a options
> set with a command like the following:
>
> DEFINE CLIENTOPT TEST EXCLUDE *:\MSDOS.SYS
>
> I get:
>
> ANR2056E DEFINE CLIENTOPT: Invalid option name - EXCLUDE. Retry using the
> full optionname.

Laura,

Try doing something to the effect of this in your "dsm.sys" file:

        inclexcl /some/dir/dsm.exc

And then put the exclude stuff in the "dsm.exc" file.

That worked for me...Strangely, the WinNT/95 clients wanted everything in
the "dsm.opt" file. The AIX clients have to have 3+ seperate files:
dsm.opt, dsm.sys, and then 1 or more include/exclude files.

Hope this helps??
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|   Special Projects, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's