ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-Exchange

1998-02-06 08:55:36
Subject: Re: ADSM-Exchange
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:55:36 +0100
Michele,
To backup our 4 Exchange Server, we use BackupExec V7.0 with the ADSM
Module. The ADSM Server appears as a virtual autoloader on BackupExec.
There is some restriction :
For the moment only one BackupExec Server can be connected to the same
ADSM Server. I have tried one to connect two BE Server to the ADSM
server is not realy easy. It is not yet implemented by Seagate Software.
It's better to define specific storage pool for BackupExec node, than
using BACKUPPOOL (Default). You have a ADSM Macro  for defining the
BackupExec Node on the ADSM Server.
I have to keep all tape of the BackupExec's primary storage pool is
autoloader. If not, backup may hangs. BackupExec mount a tape before
begining backup (Time may very long 20Min).
Due to all this restriction, be careful with the size of your
autoloader. In our case, with a 2 week retention time in Backup Exec. I
have, after a Full Backup, 3xFull Backup + 2 week of Incrementals. We
have a small autoloader (Exabyte 210 10x8MM), some days I have 7 to 8 on
10 tapes for BackupExec. We have planned to change of autoloader.

I hope this help you
Eric Boireau