ADSM-L

ADSM V3 Webshell for NT client

1998-02-05 11:29:13
Subject: ADSM V3 Webshell for NT client
From: Larry Robertson <Larry_Robertson AT COMPUWARE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:29:13 EST
I have just upgraded our ADSM for AIX server to 3.1 and Windows 95 and NT
clients to 3.1. I'm quite pleased with the new admin web interface although
there are a few things that I think the GUI still does a better job with. I
particularily like the "Links to WebShell clients for this server" feature which
will allow me to perform restores for remote servers that have the client
Webshell running as a service. I was disappointed to see that the client
Webshell being shipped with V3.1 is the same that was shipped with V2.1. It
still does not have the ability to restore inactive versions or to
archive/retrieve files. Without these features the Webshell has limited value.
Does anyone know when these features will be added?

Larry Robertson
Compuware Corporation
larry_robertson AT compuware DOT com