ADSM-L

Re: selective vs incremental

1998-02-04 12:43:46
Subject: Re: selective vs incremental
From: Chris Kamer <ck1 AT IWAYNET DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 12:43:46 -0500
Hi Ann,  ADSM really doesn't have what we know as a "Full Backup".
There are Selective , Full Incremental  and Partial Incremental backups.

Selective = Backs up the objects you select
Full Incremental = Backs up files based on Management Class details (such
as Copy Mode,Frequency)
Partial Incremental = Only changed files , ignores some management class
details

Copy Mode
Absolute = All files no matter what (abids by management class details)
Modified = Only modified files (abids by some management class details)

The schedule I use is a Incremental -bydate (partial) Monday - Fri , and
then a full backup on Saturday. Both backups with the copy mode
set to Modified .  Sometime in the future I will probably implement a Full
Backup with Copy Mode of Absolute to run once a month.

Chris Kamer
FCSG Consultant