ADSM-L

ADSM ignoring drive?

2015-10-04 18:01:06
Subject: ADSM ignoring drive?
From: Christo Heuer
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi all,

I have this unusual problem with ADSM ver 2.1.06 on WinNT.
Server is ADSM MVS v2.1.13
The machine has three drives c:,d: and e:
No mirroring or anything funny - just straight forward NTFS.
With the GUI or command line the backup does all the drives - no
additional parameters are passed in the command line incr. - just
a dsmc incr.
The moment I use the scheduler to kick of the backup the third drive
is ignored. When I look at the dsmsched.log it shows that the incr backup
completed successfully with drive d: as the last drive. No further error
messages or anything.

I also tried the Version 3.0.1 code of ADSM but get exactly the same
results.

Has anyone encountered something like this before?

Thanks in advance

Christo Heuer
ABSA Group
Johannesburg