ADSM-L

Parallel backup performance

1998-02-04 09:22:08
Subject: Parallel backup performance
From: Odeia Kedar <odeiaK AT MAIL.BEZEQ DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 16:22:08 +0200
We are considering using ADSM as our backup software, but we have doubts
about the product's performance in parallel backup of number of Clients to
one server ( backup to disks first and then to tape ) .
The Clients are mostly, all kind of UNIX servers , some NOVELL & NT.  Our
Network for now is TOKEN-RING (16Mb/sec ) and probably ETHRNET ( 100MB/sec
) in the near future.

It seem to us that parallel backup of number of clients to one server is
much slower than we expected.
Does anyone share our fillings ?
 If someone can give me real numbers of gigabits  Per Hour of data & number
of clients in parallel backup to disks, as it appears to be at his location
I will be much oblige.

Does anyone fill that the product ADSM itself is a cause of performance
problem and not the resources like network and CPU.

                Thanks in advance
                        Odeia Kedar

odeiaK AT mail.bezeq DOT com