ADSM-L

Re: One NT client to multiple ADSM servers -

1998-02-02 09:25:24
Subject: Re: One NT client to multiple ADSM servers -
From: "Boles, Angel V." <bolesav AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:25:24 -0500
Tom,

The way to have an NT client talk to 2 different ADSM servers:

You need 2 services installed...call them different names.  You can have
2 different dsm.opt files....call them what  you like...the
tcpserveraddress in each would point to the 2 different ADSM servers.
When you install the service using dsmsvci.exe. Execute the dsmsvci.exec
twice for the client...there is a prompt that aks what the name is of
your dsm.opt file, what the name of your NT service is.  Override these
parameters and you should have 2 different NT ADSM services pointing to
2 different ADSM servers.  Of course your client has to be defined to
each ADSM server ahead of time and you set up your schedules.
(This is with the V2.1.6 NT client)
Angel Boles

Westinghouse Electric
(412) 374-3230