ADSM-L

Re: Turn off compression for single files?

1998-01-30 14:21:00
Subject: Re: Turn off compression for single files?
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:21:00 -0500
You should be able to say COMPRESS=NO on the dsmc archive command.
compressalways option acts only when compress=yes is in effect.  In that
case compa=no shouldn't skip any files -- if you have evidence that it
does, please report a bug to IBM.  What compa=no should do is to cause the
current transaction to be cancelled and rolled back (a major waste of
resources which is why compa is in the v3 clients and defaults to yes).
Then all the files which were part of that transaction are resent without
compression until the the growing file is sent.  At that point a new
transaction is started with compression back on.

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
Cambridge Ma.