ADSM-L

Big problems installing NT Scheduler Service

1998-01-30 11:25:51
Subject: Big problems installing NT Scheduler Service
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 08:25:51 -0800
The last 5 clients insallations we have done have been Version 3 for NT.
On every one, the initial setup of the scheduler service has failed.
After the first 3 problems, we copied the Version 2 install utility,
and tried it with that with the same result. We have never had a problem
with our version 2 installs, and are following the same procedures on
V3.

The problem appears to be with the registry entries. On some of the
clients
we were able to fix the problem by using the update, validation, showpw,
etc.
However, even this doesn't always work, at times it must be repeated
several
times, or doesn't work at all.

When the above fails, we have uninstalled the service and the client,
rebooted,
and reinstalled everything. It still requires a lot of playing around to
get it
to work. In one case, It took a total of 5 install - uninstall cycles,
displaying
password (Using the Version2 utility) and answering yes to updating the
registry.

This is getting a little tiresome, has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone have a method that works first time?

Thank you