ADSM-L

Re: Method to Backup of Oracle ?

1998-01-30 10:25:41
Subject: Re: Method to Backup of Oracle ?
From: Michael Schweiss <Michael_Schweiss AT MRO.MAN DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:25:41 +0100
That's correct

Here is a example of dsm.sys:
                     .
SErvername         server_a
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   adsm_server1
Users              root
SCHEDMODe          PRompted
SCHEDLOGname       /usr/system/adsm_log/schedule.log
INCLEXCL           /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm_excl
TCPCLIENTADDRESS   172.16.10.24
TCPCLIENTPort      1501
COMPression        ON

.SErvername         srv_dbfb
COMMmethod         TCPip
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   adsm_server1
Users              root
TCPCLIENTADDRESS   172.16.10.24
TCPCLIENTPort      1503
COMPression        ON
INCLEXCL           /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.excl_dbf

[end  dsm.sys]

The schedule process  is an dsmc sched  -server=server_a ....
The process to backup our Oracle files is dsmc sel xxx.dbf
-server=server_dbfb ....
The exclude file for incremental backup dsm_excl excludes all *.dbf files
The exclude file for incremental backup dsm_excl excludes all *.dbf files
because they are useless if database was not shutdown.
exclude    /.../core
exclude    /.../*.dbf

The exclude file for database backup looks like:
exclude    /.../*
include    /.../*.dbf oracledb

Hope this helps

Michael