ADSM-L

Re: Password Check for Platform

1998-01-29 15:30:32
Subject: Re: Password Check for Platform
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:30:32 -0800
The first time a client contacts the server, the platform field is
filled in.
In our case (NT V2) If after installing a new client, we started the
gui, and
backed up a file or two, this field was properly filled in.
If, we activated the scheduler before backing up a file using the gui,
this field
remained "Password Check"
The fix, I believe was to uninstall everything, delete the node at the
server, then
reinstall everything. Since having it remain at "Password Check" did no
harm, we didn't
fix it.
After upgrading to Version 3 server, this was corrected at the first
scheduled backup.