ADSM-L

Re: Solaris and NFS

1998-01-29 13:11:09
Subject: Re: Solaris and NFS
From: Laszlo Nemeth <laz AT SYBASE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:11:09 -0700
What we do here is have a aix R40 ADSM server, with several net interfaces
1 of which is
dedicated to the netapp (speed is the only issue you don't need this)

our dsm.sys has a virtual mount piont
VIRTUALM /bldrback/dh/.snapshot/backup/home
/bldrback/dh/.snapshot/backup/etc /bldrback/dh/.snapshot/backup/export

then we run a cronjob against this on the ADSM server of the format

# ADSM BACKUPS datahaven
#
10 18 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/rsh dhdump1 snap delete backup;/usr/bin/rsh dhdump1
snap create backup;/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsmc inc
/bldrback/dh/.snapshot/backup/etc /bldrback/dh/.snapshot/backup/home
-node=datahaven -password=x
#
#
10 20 * * 1-5 /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsmc inc
/bldrback/dh/.snapshot/backup/export -node=datahaven -password=x

the first line does several things like let us create a dedicated .snapshot
 to backup against right
before we start. the -node lets us muck with it as a dedicated filespace.
then you have root email
setup to mail you and you get a copy of the cron session. the reason for
spliting the netapp into
chunks is ADSM doesn't like dealing with lots of files, it makes restores
faster.

laz