ADSM-L

Re: Solaris and NFS

1998-01-29 08:39:07
Subject: Re: Solaris and NFS
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:39:07 -0500
On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Frank Rehor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Begging many pardons if this question has been asked before.
> We are ADSM/MVS V2 backing up, in this case, a Solaris 2.5 system. The
> Solaris client has a NFS that resides on a Network Appliance (NOT a mount
> point monitored by the automount daemon).  Question: is it possible (and if
> so how) to back up this NFS with ADSM?

Yes, either as virtualmountpoints (for paths withing the NA), or backup
the entire NA at one mointpoint.  In either case, since ADSM defaults to
ALL_LOCAL, you have to explictly tell it to back it up, as in

   dsmc i domain="/network_app"

Hope this helps,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,