ADSM-L

Re: exclude directories

1998-01-29 07:48:50
Subject: Re: exclude directories
From: Dennis Riley <riley AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 07:48:50 -0500
Actually, I found version 2 to not work as I thought it was designed. In
order to exclude subdirectories, I had to have a seperate line for each
level. Example:
  exclude /dir1/dir2/*       # this only excluded files under /dir/dir2
  exclude /dir1/dir2/*/*     # to get the next subdirectory level
  exclude /dir1/dir2/*/*/*   # to get the next level - see a pattern?

Dennis Riley               riley AT timken DOT com
Technical Principal        330-471-3515
The Timken Company         Canton, OH
"Worldwide Leader in Bearings & Steel"