ADSM-L

Re: 1 client to 2 ADSM servers

1998-01-29 02:46:50
Subject: Re: 1 client to 2 ADSM servers
From: Hans Pfleger <hans.pfleger AT TELECOM DOT AT>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:46:50 +0100
At 16:36 28.01.98 -0500, Thomas Haddad wrote:
>Using ADSM v.2.1 on AIX...
>
>Basically I want to continue to process database backup via interface
>(Backtrack) to one ADSM server but want to start send the other client
data to
>a second ADSM server. These are NT. How can I, on any client, setup 2
different
>OPT files so the one client can communicate to 2 ADSM servers?

Hi Thomas,

this is simple to do (in my unix-environment. Maybe there are differences
to customize NT-Clients).

1. Edit your dsm.sys and make one description for every server you want to
use. for example

************
*dsm.sys****

DEFAULTSERVER          adsm-1

SERVERNAME             adsm-1
  TCPPort              1500
  TCPSERVERADDDRESS    10.10.10.10
  NODENAME             mynode
  INCLEXCL             /usr/lpp/adsm/etc/myfilter1

SERVERNAME             adsm-2
  TCPPort              1500
  TCPSERVERADDDRESS    20.20.20.20
  NODENAME             mynode
  INCLEXCL             /usr/lpp/adsm/etc/myfilter2

At this time, you can write 2 definitions in one dsm.opt and you can
connect to this server's with

dsmc incremental   # defaultserver, in our example adsm-1
dsmc incremental -server=adsm-2   # 2nd server

The -server flag is availible for all commandline commands.

As a second way you can make 2 different dsm.opt files, the 1. (for
example) /usr/lpp/adsm/dsm.opt for your DEFAULTSERVER. Than you create a
2nd opt file
(for example /usr/lpp/adsm/dsm.opt.adsm-2) and set the environment-variable
DSM_CONFIG to use this options.

export DSM_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsm/dsm.opt.adsm-2

Hope this helps,

++hp

Hans Pfleger                                    Hans.Pfleger AT telecom DOT at
Spardat-Austria Rechenzentrum SARZ
Betriebsysteme Unix BSU                          Tel. ++43 1 21717/2121
AIX and ADSM Administrator
"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert