ADSM-L

Incrementals fail after new mgmtclass added

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: Incrementals fail after new mgmtclass added
From: Nancy Stevens [SMTP:Nancy_C_Stevens AT CSC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello, everyone.

We run our Version 2.1 ADSM server on an OS/390 mainframe.  I am having a
problem with my daily incremental backups abending with the message
ANS4107E "Invalid management class entered".  This started happening after
I set up a new schedule to run an archive of certain Netware servers over
the weekend.  I had added a new management class for the archive, but
forgot to activate the policy set.  So, when the archive ran on Saturday,
all the servers got this message.  I can understand that!  However, ever
since the archive ran, the daily incrementals have been blowing up with the
same message.  The new management class is only defined for archive copy
groups.  So, I don't understand how this can affect the incremental
backups.

I know I need to activate the policy set where I added the management
class, but is this going to fix the problem or could there be something
else wrong?

TIA,
Nancy