ADSM-L

Re: db size

1998-01-27 15:26:14
Subject: Re: db size
From: David Hendrix [SMTP:dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM]
From: Marshael Morris <morris.marshael AT MAIL.MCCG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:26:14 -0500
     If you put q status into "'s it should work.

     Marshael

Subject: ADSM QUERY OUTOUT FORMAT
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at internet
Date:    1/27/98 1:51 PM

   The following batch command sends q status output to a
   file named qlist.  The output format makes it very
   difficult to read the file contents because it contains a
   line width of about 500 characters.

   dsmadmc -id=xxx -pa=xxx q status > qlist

   When I issue the command interactively, and the output
   comes back to my screen it looks fine.

   Does anyone know how to force the output of the batch
   command, which is sent to file qlist, so that it is in
   the same format that appears when I run the command
   interactively and the output is directed to my screen.

   AIX 4.2.1.0
   ADSM 3.1.0.1