ADSM-L

Re: Registry Restore to Identical Hardware

1998-01-27 10:09:09
Subject: Re: Registry Restore to Identical Hardware
From: Campbell Esplin <Campbell AT KINGSLEY.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:09:09 +0200
Hi, this is my 1st time on this service.........

I am also in the throes of getting an ADSM NT client  recovered in "BARE
METAL" restore mode.....we had many problems.....of which one was the
REGISTRY problem you described. We will be attempting this exercise again
later in February. Are there (apologies if u already discussed this subject
to death here) any important information regarding the "BARE METALS
RESTORE" steps as described in the IBM Redbook of the same name that I need
to be aware of?

Secondly, we also attempting to recover an Novell NETWARE 4.11 ADSM
client.....with problems like missing files....NDS conflicts and too big
files to built SAlone restore media with. Any input on Novell 4.11 Bare
Metal Restore will be welcomed.

Thank u in advance.
Campbell Esplin
Excalibur Business Solutions