ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:02:07
We also had a lot of problems restoring a database backedup via EBU and ADSM.

I found some parameters are very important :
    DSMO_NODE
    DSMO_FS

We use ebutool to check our backup, sometime the message BFS has been deleted from Media appeared, the backup is not valid in this case.

Try to run ebutool -db_name=$SID -bfslist -ofile=<filename> to check your backups.

To specify which management class to use we use the inclexcl.lst-file, this should be the first line :
        include * DAILY_MG
where DAILY_MG is our managementclass.

Regards,

Stefaan

TIM VAN GOMPEL wrote:

Has anyone had any experience restoring files backed up to ADSM using
ADSM Connect Agent 2.1.6 on AIX from Oracle EBU on a Version 7
parallel edition?  Specifically, we are receiving an EBU-7000: Sbtopen:
Backup file not found on mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss [ 26002 : tape_open ].  It
appears to have restored a few files before giving us this message.

On a side note, anyone know how this wonderful tandem of products
"automatically" backs up to tape?  How do you specify the management
class used.

Tim VanGompel
Technical Services
920.429.7129