ADSM-L

Restoring Part of the NT Registry

1998-01-27 01:31:26
Subject: Restoring Part of the NT Registry
From: Shira Hayun <shira AT UDI.CO DOT IL>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:31:26 +0200
Hello,

ADSM has the capability of restoring only part of the registry on NT
(System, User, Software). When I install only part of the registry on
the same machine it works fine.
What I cannot understand is why can't I do it on a different machine?
I understand that in order to restore the registry fully, my system
should be configured the same as before. What I can't understand is why
when someone chooses to upgrade his hardware - OS on the same level, all
software installed the same, why can't I restore only the users and the
software parts of the registry?
Is there is a way of doing it?

Thanks,
Shira Hayun