ADSM-L

Re: networking and adsm

1998-01-25 11:33:13
Subject: Re: networking and adsm
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:33:13 -0500
Cindy,

We run ADSM V2 for AIX on an RS6000 J30, 16 Mb Token ring with Cisco
routers.
I don't know anything about the routers, so I'm not sure what is or
isn't comparable.
Also, our slowest clients are 486-based PC's, the majority are Pentiums,
so we have all the clients do compression before sending data.
And even with some very powerful NT nodes, in every case we have found
the backup time to be dependent on the speed of the CLIENT, we have
never seen any type of network bottleneck, and can't even stress the
J30.

SO, my point is, the Token right ISN"T the limiting factor.
There have been a lot of threads on this list about MVS TCP/IP - you
might want to review those.