ADSM-L

Copy Storage Pool Running Long

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: Copy Storage Pool Running Long
From: Sean Garvey [SMTP:sgarvey AT PHAEDO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hey everyone,

Need a little assistance on 2 issues real quick;

1.) My copy storage pool job; 'backup stg primarystg copystg' seems to =
be
copying entirely too much data.  The total amount of data that could be
possibly need to be copied would be 50GB.  the Copy Storage Pool process
can get up to 200GB!  Any ideas?  Why would this occur?
The only change that has occured semi-recently are the following:
        a.) The Versions Exist parameter has ben set down from 30 to 7.

2.) This is more for a friend, but while I'm at it;
What is the "element" setting for a 3570 tape library, or where can the
settings be found?  What do the "element" settings relate to?

Thanks in advance.

Sean