ADSM-L

Re: Deleting Backups

1998-01-23 13:08:32
Subject: Re: Deleting Backups
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 12:08:32 -0600
     The short and the long of it:

     There is no way to specifically tell ADSM to delete a version(s) of a
     file.

     But, from your description, you can:
     1. update copygroup verexists to 1, activate policyset, do a new incr
        this gets rid of all but the last (active) version of a file.

     2. update copygroup retainonly and retainextra to 0, activate policyset.
     issue expire inventory.  This gets ADSM to forget about inactive files.

     3. If the files are "uniquely identified by the sub-directory structure
     above the files" add those dirs to the exclude list.  Run Incrmental.  The
     files in the excluded dirs get marked inactive. The next expire inventory
     should then remove them from the tapes.