ADSM-L

Re: TCP/IP Problems

2015-10-04 18:02:07
Subject: Re: TCP/IP Problems
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 1/22/98 8:48AM
It was the same situation here - we were the only ones failing.  Fortunately
(at least for me) - the failures were occurring to the same people each
night, and they were not completing their backups.  We pointed this out -
that we had customers that could not backup, and that we were responsible,
and that did the trick.  The real question is "How lightly are they taking
the whole backup process?"

Jerry

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    1/22/98 8:48 AM

Jerry,

     Thanks very much for your reply.  It seems as though we are having the
same
problems as you describe you experienced.  All backup sessions are failing
with
TCP/IP connection errors (ANR0480W AND ANR0481, ANS4017E, etc.).  We are
now only failing NT nodes - for some reason.  We have applied all PTF's
recommended
by IBM and nothing has helped.  I got trace info last night and ftp'd it to
IBM, so we'll
see what comes of that.  Our TCP/IP are reluctant to remove the
maintenance, as
they say ADSM is the only one having the problem!

                    Ginny